Monday 29 April 2013

Aquarium

The reception classes went on a trip to the aquarium today which was great. Most of the class came in to school very excited about getting on the bus as they weren't very sure where they were actually visiting until I said we were going to see the fish! I should of realised 6 year olds might not know what aquarium means!

Trips here are a lot less frantic than previous ones I've organised. Firstly because I don't have to organise them, therefore no insurance forms, no buses to organise, not costings and I'm not the only teacher there.

With UK trips (and common sense) in mind I asked the school nurse if I could take the inhalers of three boys in my class who have asthma. Her reply was 'God willing, they won't have an attack' I was a little surprised by that, despite my strong faith that God's in control.

The kids loved the aquarium, and I was just as excited to see massive sharks and penguins! There was a desert animal section too which was interesting as there were animals there I'd never seen before.

After having a Burger King lunch on the board walk and watching the jet skiers it was back to school. Today was the first working day I've really noticed the heat, because I was out and about instead of in my freezing classroom. It's really hotting up now and will get to about 40-50 celcius apparently :-/




























4 comments:

  1. Wow looks like a good one! :) lots of animals..i love the wee sting rays with the smiley faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuckling at the difference between the two different approaches to Health and Safety! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nicole-the kids were so excited to see the stingray as it went right up the glass in front of them :)

    @Rosalind-the differences are staggeringly different!...in many things. Sometimes it's quite refreshing though! A lot less stress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW NAT........
    HAVE A LOVELY DAY
    SO GLAD I WILL SEE YOU IN 6 WEEKS! ;)
    WILL GIVE YOU YOUR PRESSIE'S THEN!

    NIC :) XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete