Sunday 10 March 2013

Hairdresser experience

I went to get my hair cut yesterday as it had got ridiculously long! The longest it's ever been! Laurence and I walked to a hairdresser we saw a sign for across the road and eventually found it in a block of apartments. It was a strange set up. We walked into a deserted hairdressers and Laurence was promptly hustled out! Of course we hadn't even thought that here the hairdressers would be strictly segregated. It wasn't until a Kuwaiti woman came in with the full hijab and veil on that I realised of course men wouldn't be allowed in the hairdressers because the woman have to take their veils off. It's easy to forget about these cultural rules/differences. The Filipino lady who cut my hair was from the city of Davao, where we spent Christmas :) So, after the initial hiccup I was happy to get a lot of my hair chopped off. The sun had actually made the bottom of my hair brown while the roots are black so I was informed my hair was two different colours! I am rid of the two-tone look now :)

4 comments: