Friday 8 March 2013

Sunny Friday

I don't have a lot of news these days :( Life here is not quite as novel as the Philippines! We are settling nicely into our new place. We've only been here a week but both agreed that it feels longer because we feel at home. It's very laid back and such a big flat we're not all under one another's feet. We have our own space but it's nice to have the option the have a chat with Susan and Anthony in the evenings. They're both very nice and easy to live with. I am sitting in the living room writing this, listening to the birds (and call to prayer!) The window is open overlooking the beach and the pools so I can hear the waves and see the occasional speedboat whizzing by! There are butterflies all over the complex, the sun is out and its a lovely warn 20+ temperature. I'm glad we arrive home in the summer as I am very much accustomed to the sun now!

It's an idyllic location for our last few months here. Laurence has been doing a lot of walking along the beach and the promenade and there's a lovely walk down to the marina and a really nice mall. I feel like we're closer to to healthier lifestyle we had in the Philippines than when we first arrived here. It makes all the difference in Kuwait, living on the coast rather than the city. We are both making the most of our time here but really looking forward to going home. I still miss the Philippines a lot but I don't think I'll be too sad to leave Kuwait! Lol. It's great in the meantime though, work-wise. My job is very easy and relaxed.



2 comments:

  1. glad you are in such a nice (healthy) setting for your last few months in Kuwait :)
    Sounds lovely where you are living and walks along the beach in that lovely heat sounds great too :)
    Looking forward to having you both home though, atg least when you arrive home it will be warmer than what it is at the moment! ;)
    I will pray its a sunny day the day you arrive back to the UK! :) Not too long to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, have you contacted Glasgow Airport about getting the film crews in for the Flashmob we've organised for the Dearys' return ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete