Tuesday 25 September 2012

Leaping Lizard

Staying in my mum & George's house this week as they are away on mission and it's easier for Laurence as there's internet here.  We are hoping ours will be installed this week though.

I got the scare of my life this morning!  I have got used to turning lights on and having a look round the room before I enter, for any creepy crawlies. However I hadn't thought of looking up too!  I went into the spare room in my mum's this morning and opened the curtain. As I did that I felt something heavy land on my head.  Sheer panic went through me at the thoughts of what it could be.  Laurence came through to me screaming and batting my hair, to see a little lizard leap onto the bed.  Admittedly it was very small but horrifying all the same to have it on my head!  Laurence said 'I thought you liked geckos' Yes, from a distance, but not when then leap out and land on me.  I need to remember to do EVERYTHING cautiously in case there's anything lurking.

I'll try and get a photo of it because it must still be in the house.  We haven't had time to find it as we had flooding in the house today....sound familiar!?  I am sure gushing water follows us :-D  I went into the bathroom (yes, the bathroom again) to find water shooting out of the wall from the shower control box and the floor like a swimming pool.  After getting all the non waterproof items out the bathroom we then had to find the stop cock to turn off the water.  I am really getting a sense of deja vu now.  The leak started very suddenly and mysteriously but we think it's fixed now.  The back yard was a sight with everything from the bathroom drying in the sun lol!  Between the two houses it's been like Grand Central Station today with plumbers, complex guards, friends of my mum's, a family who are staying in our house, oh and the gas technician and gas bottle delivery man.  There was a problem with our gas.  I am hoping that everything happened today and the rest of the week will be quiet :-D

It was also my mum's birthday today :)

3 comments:

  1. Leaping lizards and floods...sounds like you guys are having lots of fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have had another flood in your bathroom!!! You'll need to live in a tent- they don't have bathrooms;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! What are the chances!? lol

    ReplyDelete