Tuesday 18 September 2012

Visitor

Found this lizard in the kitchen tonight! I shut a cupboard door and it shot out from somewhere and started running all over the wall and window aaarrrgghhh! I do actually prefer these to cockroaches. I got used to them living in Saudi when I was little. They, like cockroaches, move too fast for my liking though!

Poor Laurence is always the one who has to get close enough to get them out of the house while I keep a very safe distance :-D

I saw a gecko in my mums kitchen when we first got here but this one was much bigger. I don't know how clear he is in pics as I was trying to take pics and make sure he didn't go out of sight, that's the worst thing.....not knowing where they are...

5 comments:

  1. lol...would not fancy that wandering around my bedroom...eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what they're like deep fried with chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willie Kinnaird in Cameroon, when they first went to Africa, they left the lizards in the house as they controlled the cockroaches. I suppose you've just got to get into the habit of tapping shoes and slippers before you put them on?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I'd prefer the geckos to cockroaches any day. They seem to particularly like hiding behind curtains which I double check after yesterday!

    ReplyDelete