Sunday 30 September 2012

Mishmash

Done a mixture of things over the past few days. Met some more lovely Christian people and had great fellowship with them. Had a quiet day today and listened to Alison's sermon from last Sunday morning, which was great. Felt just like I was sat in the second row again! Laurence set up his wee office tonight so that's all ready for Monday and I've got to plan what I'm doing for the rest of the week in school! It's difficult to know what to do for my first lesson as I don't know how good their English is, what the groups are like etc. I've got to get to grips with the limited technology too so I don't have to spend two hours just talking to them! Looking forward to getting through the first week so I have a better idea of how to prepare for next week.

We have to go to immigration tomorrow to get our visa renewed and look into the work permit. Also still praying about getting ourselves some permanent transport so may look into that tomorrow too.

You will see in the pics Laurence's leg which has taken a bad reaction to some kind of bites! It's healing up now though but they looked a lot worse than the picture even shows.

The weird green caterpillar is something my mum spotted when they were in the countryside. She thought it was cute!! Around the complex where we are living we see loads of bullfrogs out at night looking for insects. There's loads of them all dotted about on door steps and in the road. They're really big! The photos I've posted are the best we've managed to take after countless attempts. They hop away if you get too close.

4 comments:

  1. Missing seeing you in your second row seat too! Hope everything goes well at school this week, that's definitely been a nice long summer hol you've had :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah 😊 yes, I could have got used to not working after that holiday! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch leg looks sore Laurence - hope it clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you send that cute baby over for me to have a turn! ;)

    ReplyDelete