Saturday 9 February 2013

Apartments

We have until the end of February to find ourselves an apartment here as that's when we have to leave the accommodation the school initially put us in. I'm looking forward to being closer to school for a shorter commute so we're looking in a place called Mangaf where a lot of the teachers live. It looks like a nice area and on the coast so we'll be able to go for beach walks. I've been to see a few flats there so far and they range dramatically from horrible to stunning lol. There were a couple with sea view which were fab.

The problem is that the rentals here are very expensive, especially furnished places. We are praying that we get a decent place for a good price in the next couple of weeks. I have a week off for spring break at the end of the month so that'll be handy for moving.

It's funny because when I moved away from the UK I had it in my head that we'd be away a while so I never thought about going back at all. However, now that Laurence and I know we're going home we can't wait to get back to familiar surroundings and into our own house! I keep imagining myself doing little things like making a cooked breakfast in my own kitchen haha :) You're welcome to join us for that :)

View from a flat on the Gulf Road. This is looking towards the main coastal road but a lady at work who used to live in this building said it's like a drag race track at the weekends. All the rich Kuwaiti boy-racers in their super cars use it to race and apparently it's extremely noisy. That makes me feel better about not being able to afford this one haha


Sarah from work and her Kuwaiti husband took me to see their friend's building. This is the one with the view above. It was a very nice flat and the building had a lovely pool.

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to our cooked breakfast in Park Avenue :-) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Looking forward to my Sunday roasts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want both of them when we come home on sabbatical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before you had the travel bug
    Since you got pregnant you naturally want to nest, hence the yearning for your wee hoose x

    ReplyDelete
  5. any updates re apartments....?

    ReplyDelete