Friday 1 February 2013

School show

Today was the day of the school show for Book Week. I was optimistic as our two songs, 'Ten in the Bed' and 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt' went really well in rehearsals. The kids were singing loudly and doing the actions. However that all went out the window when they got on stage! The music teacher started playing the second song first so I had half the class singing the correct song and the other (musical) half going with the music. The false start totally threw them so there wasn't much singing after that. The two loudest singers started crying so they were out the game and another of my main singers was bothered with his mask slipping down his face. It's very hard trying to give kids instructions (like stop crying or take your mask off) while singing a song and doing actions! The first song was 'Ten in the Bed' so the children were supposed to sit down one by one or two by two. However nobody sat down! We (or I) was singing 'there were four in the bed' and there were still about 9 children stood up aaaarrrggghh. When I was gesturing for them to sit down they just stared at me like they'd never seen me before hahaha It was pretty stressful. One little Indonesian boy shouted 'there's my father!' as soon as he got on stage so that got a laugh. Anyway it's over now thankfully, until the next one. The school actually has a proper auditorium with stage, lighting, theatre style seats etc so no wonder it's scary for the kids. Of course they were also concerned about seeing that their parents were there too.

The pics aren't very good but I've posted one to show the class and the bear masks.


3 comments:

  1. lol ....that's hilarious! Pity you didn't record!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was his father Darth Vadar? Sorry- just makes me think of that line from Star Wars when Darth Vadar confesses to Luke Skywalker:
    "I am your father!" Laz is old enough to remember ;-). Great to speak to you both last night and Matthew enjoyed your virtual birthday card:-). I will email you photos later of the birthday boy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found that part of Star Wars quite moving! lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete