Wednesday 28 November 2012

St Andrew's Day

Grade 5 learnt the Scottish song "Ye Canny Shove Yer Grannie" for St Andrew's Day today!  I couldn't believe how quickly they picked it up and the video was taken after just one practice.  They also added the clapping themselves! :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yOy_RaYqTw

They were excited to hear that people in Scotland would hear their singing so that's why some of them are frantically 'fixing their hair'!

Quite a stretching day today as I was teaching English tenses to the college group.  It's bizarre how you can speak a language without a thought, but really have to think about the grammar!  Because the last time I learnt tenses was in French I kept lapsing into French in my mind and had to keep stopping myself from saying it out loud.....that really would have confused them!

Two of the girls brought in some yummy banana cake for me, so sweet - thanks Julynne & Karen Faith :)



1 comment: