Wednesday 9 January 2013

Arrived!-pics added

We had a great journey yesterday and today and a nice stay last night in Manila. When we were checking in at Manila today though the guy said he couldn't check us in without an onward flight out of Kuwait!! I'd specifically asked the school and the agency and was told it wasn't necessary. That was a bit of a worry as I didn't know how much the flight I had to buy would cost and the check in was shutting in 15 mins! I had to go out of the airport then in another door then back in through a security check! Thankfully we got a very efficient girl so we just made it! Its a pity it cost more money but I was just glad to get on the flight!

Anyway the rest of the day went smoothly and we got a visa and then we were picked up at the airport here with no problems. The Kuwaitis we've encountered so far have been very pleasant and it's taken me straight back to Saudi, being here :) My family lived in Jubail, in Saudi Arabia for a couple of years, 25 years ago!! I loved living there so being back in an Arab country feels really weird, all the familiar sights, sounds and smells I'm recognising, but positive. I'm glad I enjoyed my time in Saudi as it could have been different here if I didn't.

The first thing I did when we went for a wander tonight was get an authentic shawarma-yum! They hadn't used the right bread though, it wasn't flatbread aarrgghh but it was good :) Please note, the picture isn't of the one I had-I ate mine too quick and it was half gone when I thought to take a pic :-D

The hotel is ok. It's more like a little apartment so we have a living room and a kitchen which will make it more liveable until we're in a proper flat. The two ladies on reception were from the Philippines so it was lovely to see 'familiar' faces. Guess what, there's an Inasal in Kuwait City, mum hahaha.

Well, off to unpack. I will sort out photos tomorrow to post.




Approaching Kuwait City


Approaching Kuwait City




Dubai Airport


Approaching Kuwait City

5 comments:

  1. So glad you got there safe and sound. Yummy that looks tasty :) that's one thing I remember about Saudi too was all thr smells :) nice ones though! Look forward to seeing all your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to hear you are safely in Kuwait:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it all worked out and you got there ok :-) just got some Arabic dates today as a present from a student returning from Kuwait and Nicole was devouring them all! :-) Most of their food I adore though, am jealous of all the nice stuff you'll get to eat.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls :) I love dates Leah, I'll definitely be getting some of them now you've reminded me about them! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes they were LOVELY! ;)Thanks Leah!

    ReplyDelete