Thursday 17 January 2013

Great first week :)

That's my first week over-yes on Thursday! It's going to take some getting used to a Sunday to Thursday week. It's been a fast week and I've really enjoyed it. I got a good feeling from the school and I have a lovely class. They are very sweet and for the most part well behaved. I think the deputy head who had them before me trained them well! I'm getting the hang of the routines that were already established in the class and I now know all the names woo!

I've spoken to the other British teachers who are all very nice. There's 9 Brits, including the deputy head and head teacher. All of the teachers I've spoken to have glowing reports of their time at the school. Some coming from 'horrendous' (their words) schools. So I feel very blessed to have landed in a nice school straightaway. It's a huge building with closed classrooms so it has a peaceful, calm feel to it as you rarely hear children in the corridors and when they are there they're pretty quiet!-bliss.

A teacher from the same area as my Mum mentioned her church so that was great to hear. I was worried it would be hard to find any Christians here! She was quite open about it too in the staff room. I suppose I thought that you couldn't openly mention Christianity in Middle Eastern countries :-D

The hotel's driver couldn't pick me up today so the hotel contacted head office who didn't relay the message to the school. I was stood outside a deserted school half an hour after everyone left, 40 minutes away from the hotel! The 'Harris' (janitor) flagged a taxi down for me but then I had to remember the way home to direct him. I'm glad I've paid attention the past week! Lol

So, I'm off to start the weekend now and looking forward not having to get up at 5am tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you like the school and the kids:-) Enjoy your weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great glad your first week went well ;) have a good weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicole & Rosalind. I'm glad too! :)

    ReplyDelete