Tuesday 15 January 2013

Squatter

I had to take a picture of this for my mum!! On the first night in the hotel/apartment,I noticed something on the bathroom window cill (outside) but it was dark so I couldn't make out what it was. The next day however I realised a huge bird was sitting on a nest on the window cill right in the corner of the shower.  I think she was a bit put out her privacy was disturbed as she turned her back to me after I'd taken the picture. She's still sat there. It was a bit disconcerting having her staring into the shower every morning but I'm used to her being there now!

The windows are really dirty here, as are a lot of cars as there are often sandstorms! We arrived to one but there hasn't been one since I don't think. I could actually feel myself breathing in the dust! Apparently they are really bad in July/August, as well as up to 60 celcius heat so I've been advised to leave the country for the two months :-D

bird on her nest on window cill

4 comments:

  1. That's a chubby bird ! What a bizzare place for it to make a nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing about the bird. She must be sitting on her eggs. You lose the fish but you gain some chicks!! Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing about the bird. She must be sitting on her eggs. You lose the fish but you gain some chicks!! Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I like to see she'd still there everyday :) would love to see the chicks when they hatch.

    ReplyDelete