Wednesday 23 January 2013

Zoo

All of the Reception classes (4) went on a trip to Kuwait Zoo today, following their topic last month on Wild Animals. I had been wrongly(!) told it wasn't a nice zoo so I was expecting the worst but I thought it was great. It was a lovely, sunny warm day which helped and a little train took us round most of the zoo.  They had a lot of animals and it was quite a nice setting. The animals were behind lots of fences and partitions though so it made taking photos a bit pointless. They must be worried about escapees :-D I was so excited to see giraffes there!  I don't know why but I expected it to be more of a farm park than having proper wild animals.  Unfortunately the bus was an hour or so late in picking us up (Kuwait time lol) so we practically ran around the zoo after the train ride and the kids didn't even have time for their picnic, which was a shame. My group ended up eating on the bus on the way back from the zoo as they were so hungry.  I felt so blessed today with the class I got, they are so good! I was watching the other classes not staying in line and the teachers constantly shouting at kids to sit down on the train and my class were unbelievably well behaved. They have been VERY well trained. I want to learn that skill! It makes life in a classroom sooo much easier down the line. I was worried that it would be chaos if they started eating on the bus but they all quietly got their food out and put their rubbish back in their bags! They are very sweet and at the risk of speaking too soon I think they are the easiest class I've ever had (apart from a couple in the Philippines but I only had them for half an hour at a time). It's changed my mind about younger ones being harder.

Here are some pics of the zoo...

Waiting to go in - Miss Mariam on the left is my classroom assistant. 



Where we would have had the picnic!



biggest swans I have ever seen!

wish I'd got a better pic of the baby giraffe

train ride

the kids were most excited about the zebras!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely job you have. Getting to go to the zoo. I'm so pleased you have a nice set of kids. Makes life so much easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely job you have. Getting to go to the zoo. I'm so pleased you have a nice set of kids. Makes life so much easier

    ReplyDelete
  3. kids look cute ;) animals do too! set of well behaved children and a classroom assistant...what more could one ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, next trip is in March to the beach & Science Centre! :)

    ReplyDelete