Tuesday 15 January 2013

Dubai Airport

Hi!

Sorry for the silence and the backdated posts. Just trying to get my head round being in another different country and settling into school etc so I'm just getting round to downloading pics from my camera.

We only had a two hour wait in Dubai airport on the way here and obviously only saw a portion of it but it was very impressive. There were gardens and ponds in the middle of the gates and every shop and restaurant you could think of. After being in the Philippines and seeing VERY few Westerners it was a bit surreal seeing so many Europeans/Americans.

garden in the gate!

Koi Carp

fish pond in airport
One of the things I've realised I love about the Middle East is the mix of old and new. You see the very modern, shops and clothes etc with the old Arabic traditions and dress.  I love the architecture here too and the palm trees and the sea...I could go on. I like Arabic looking things! There's loads of lovely smells too as shops etc will burn incense and people seem to like strong smelling perfumes here so I'm always smelling different perfumes as people go past.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a very posh airport :) would like to see it some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will when you come to visit us ;-)

    ReplyDelete