Tuesday 2 October 2012

First Day at School

First day at school went well. Will take a bit of getting used to the school but it seems a nice place :) very limited in resources so I'm going to have to be extra imaginative :-D

The HT brought me a snack half way between my classes...a bottle of coke, a bottle of water and two cakes! I'll be rolling out of there is she keeps that up!

I had grades 1 & 2 today so that's like P2 & 3, what I'm used to :) they were nice kids, some of the younger ones pretty lively! Most of them have very good English but the school are keen for them to have exposure to a 'native speaker'. I have high schoolers tomorrow eek and preschoolers on Thursday - double eek! :-D I'm glad of the wide range of ages I'll get experience in teaching though.

I've been invited on the field trip to a city called Davao on the 19th October so that's exciting! Davao is even more westernised than here and apparently a nice place. We're going to museums and stuff. Three hour drive on a bus with kids to get there though :-/

I was literally open mouthed on my trip home as I saw a big monkey in a tree, I was so annoyed I didn't have my phone camera at the ready!

I keep meaning to take a picture on the school for the blog. Will definitely try and remember this week.

3 comments:

  1. great, glad first day went well... sounds like it will be a great place to work...cake and coke (what more could you ask for!)
    take your camera everywhere you go incase you see monkeys swinging from trees again! how random! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your first day went went well :-) sounds like you'll never be bored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to get the first day over :-)

    We see plenty of monkeys every day in Renfrewshire! ;-)

    ReplyDelete