Friday 5 October 2012

Shakeys again ;)

Met mum & George and some friends last night in Shakey's for tea. I love it there, it's like Pizza Hut but quarter of the price and they have Parmasan Fries-yum!

On our way into the restaurant there were some children from my classes stood outside. I think they'd all just been in for a birthday party. They all started shouting 'Teacher Natalie!!' They always put 'teacher' in front of your first name like we would say 'Mrs' and surname.

Had such a laugh as our Filipino friends were laughing at Jun Jun trying to understand Laurence! ;)

4 comments:

  1. yum! very american dinerish...;)
    Lol.. bet they have never heard a Port Glasgow accent before ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems when folk try to communicate with me here their nose bleeds.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! I asked for a sprite in Thailand. They never understood until I said 'saprite'. Ohhhh. You wa saprite! Got to love misunderstandings!

      Delete
    3. Hi Shev, lol, I had the same experience in France once trying to ask for a Dime bar....they pronounce it 'dame'.

      Jun said he was getting a nosebleed trying to communicate with Laurence :-D

      Delete