Friday 12 October 2012

Puncture

I had to go to a lawyer's office today to get my work permit signed so I'm getting there with it! Just a few more steps in the process to go. Laurence picked me up from work but we got a puncture in the tyre of the bike just as we got home! We asked the guard of our complex where we'd find a place to repair the tyre and he kept saying 'it's near the mango tree'.....I was thinking 'I don't even know what a mango tree looks like!!' Laurence found it anyway after consulting with some local shop keepers and it only cost PHP 25...that's 38p! Apparently they had a very unorthodox method for fixing the puncture :-D It's so cheap here in the local places. However we shop in the malls which are priced more like home. It would be great to shop locally but everything's just a bit too different. We wouldn't know what we were buying!
:-D


Add caption
My mum got home from Palawan and I got a lovely shell bracelet and a fan that turns into a hat :-) A fan is really welcome here when there's no air conditioning.

I am off for a week now as the school have exams all next week and then I go on my trip to Davao on the 19th with the secondary school. Looking forward to seeing a new city.




4 comments:

  1. You look like Laura Ingalls with that bunnet on :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see a photo of Carharrt Man with your hat on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of all the scooting about in that scooter. Loved that about Asia! Can't wait to come over! You better let me have a shot! Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like a bit of dodgy handy work going on there! Cheap though! ;)

    ReplyDelete