Saturday 13 October 2012

Tamad Araw (lazy day)

Had a lazy day today reading :) it was great. Had Spag Bol at mum's for tea then went to SM mall for an ice cream. I was a bit confused as I asked for a cone with a single scoop of ice cream but the lady said they only had cones with two scoops available!! I started to explain the if she stopped after putting one scoop on the cone then it would be available but decided just to take the two! I would really like to learn some Tagalog ( Filipino language dialect) as I feel quite ignorant when I am in a foreign country and expect people to speak my language. Luckily for us the Filipinos are very good at English but I think it would be valuable to learn conversational Filipino.

We got a puncture on the other tyre on the bike on the way home so that meant another trip to the 'vulcanising' shop! Everyday is an adventure :-D

I have put a picture on the blog of an insect my mum had crawling in her house tonight! It's amazing how quickly I've got used to the insects here but still hate to see a new, unusual looking one or a huge one! Laurence saw a butterfly the size of a bird the other day!

Managed to catch up with The Great British Bake Off too on You Tube woohoo :)

Up early tomorrow to take mum & George to the airport tomorrow for their China trip.

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful kindle cover! Where did you get that? ;-)

    Have you seen Bake Off semis?? Who's your money on? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's an exclusive 'one-off' number I acquired ;-) I want the Scottish guy to win but think it'll be the older man-what about you? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Scottish guy to win too and I reckon Paul Hollywood likes him too. Think he finds the older guy too twee and fussy. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he wasn't impressed with the blue birdhouse! :-D I thought it was amazing!x

    ReplyDelete