Wednesday 3 October 2012

Monkey!

I managed to capture the monkey on camera on the way home from school today...I had my camera at the ready :) we also saw someone riding a donkey on the national highway!

I enjoyed teaching high school today - I may be converted Rosalind ;) the HT said they were very quiet for me so I'm hoping they don't become rowdy when they get to know me :-D I have 2-4 year olds tomorrow for the morning. Trying to remember all the songs etc I learnt in nursery placement. Any suggestions would be welcomed :)

Laurence is in the process today of trying to buy us a scooter which will make it much easier to get about. Feeling more comfortable with the crazy traffic here now as drivers seem very courteous and because its mostly scooters/tricycles in the roads nobody is going too fast.

Laurence has taken a liking to the Philippines version of McDonald's, 'Jollibee'. We've been there for lunch three days on the trot! We get 'chicken joy' which is battered chicken and sticky, white rice. It was recommended to us by Stephanie :)

Our friends from north of the island are leaving tomorrow after a week and a half :( hopefully we'll see them again soon. They've asked us to be God parents to their little boy- the cute baby I've posted pictures of :)

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed your second day Nat...
    I will try and think of some nursery rhymes you can do tomorrow with the wee ones!...
    I am glad you got the monkey on camera ;)
    mmmmmm battered chicken and sticky rice - i like the sound of that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. imagine KFC min, with no grease and a million times more tasty! Jollibee rulz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely...can you send some over in the post..?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all going well so far at school and that you are enjoying teaching the teenagers! Definitely my preferred age group for educating!! Will send you an email as I took some photos of the kids today. Matt Matt off again with another bug :-(

    ReplyDelete